Skip to main content

Standard Burn Permits

Get your Standard Burn Permit Online:

Standard Burn Permit Applications:

It is mandatory to obtain a valid burn permit for all open outdoor burning for the purpose of disposing dried, natural vegetation grown on site. District permits are not required for small recreational or ceremonial campfires.

A standard burn permit authorizes an individual to burn a maximum of one pile (4' in diameter) at a time of approved materials. The fee for Standard Burn Permits is $20. Property must have a residence on-site. Burn hours are 6:00 a.m. until 12:00 noon on permissive burn days only - call 866-287-6329 (1-866-BURNDAY) to determine Burn Day status.

May contain: symbol and road

Permit applications can also be obtained (not issued) through participating local fire protection agencies and CDF fire stations. There are several ways to obtain a valid burn permit. District staff is available Monday- Friday from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and from 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. to issue burn permits at our District office 707 L Street, Eureka, or by downloading the application and mailing it along with a check or money order payable to the AQMD.

If you have additional questions or require further assistance, staff are available to assist you at (707) 443-3093 or